Tuesday 20 May 2014

Quilted fish

Yesterday I felt like doing some free-motion-quilting (or is it called needle drawing?). Anyway, I cleared up some of the mess in my sewing room (you remember: we had to open up the floor for drying it. It is not moldy any more, but we will wait an other two weeks before closing it again to be sure all humidity is out), got out my machine, cut some fabrics and got started on a small sandwich of 25x25cm.
This is the outcome. I quilted from the blue side, but the fish is also very nice on the red side. I made a simple binding, but added no hanging, as I couldn't decide which side is the front. It has been fun sewing, but I don't know what to do with it. I could imagine it as a picture in a children-room. Maybe I made one or two more and sell them a set. Someone interested?

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment