Thursday 17 July 2014

Picking raspberries

Raspberries - what tastes more like summer?
I love picking berries - strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, currants and blackberries ... But for some of them you need your both hands to pick and you have to stay upright (for example for blackberries and raspberries - and I have lots of them!). So either you have to bend down all the time to put the berries into an container what is for a person, who has often back pain, not very convenient, or you invent something. Last summer I made myself a bag that I can fix in front of my belly and where I can easily put in all the fruits collected.
Maybe it is looking a bit funny, but it is so useful!
There is one strap around the neck and one around the waist to hold it stable even when leaning forward. The outer fabric is jeans and inside it's oil cloth, that is easy to clean when you have smashed a fruit.
Normally I put a 1 liter ice box inside. This is enough for berries. If for example I want to pick cherries or plums I could use the bag without any other container.
Hmmmmm, for today's tea time there are raspberries with whipped cream! 

bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment