Thursday 25 September 2014

Fall crowns

The fall is progressing more and more - did I already mentioned, that I love that time of the year? - In the morning it is fresh and a little wet outside, but then the sun is coming out and we have the most lovely days! Red apples, pumpkins, berries, ... a lot of color is mixing with the still green leaves of the trees. 
I cycled some country roads and cut some leaf tendrils of hop, ivy and one other I-don't-know-the-name-of and also some rose hips for contrasting color. Then I made two very nice crowns. 

For the second one I used all the left over pieces and made a half crown. For fixation I took some ripped stripes of an old bed sheet (that I had already given to my husband for his workshop). I like the un-perfect look that it adds.

Happy and colorful autumn to all of you!

bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment