Monday 15 September 2014

Sailing away

Voila! The boat quilt is finished. I did the quilting yesterday morning and the binding in the evening and today my boys are already fighting about it ...
I like it much better now. The quilting is only horizontal wave lines, but it get the hole quilt in motion. You can see the water moving.
The sky is cloudy and because the binding is pulling the top a little in the wrong direction you get the feeling of wind. You never know if an error didn't turn out into something good.
The back is white molleton and I used a light batting. Even with the thicker fabric in the top it is now very soft and cuddly.
The final size is 1m by 1,40m. A good children size (it couldn't get any longer because of the length of the water fabric). I guess I will give it to my youngest. My boys like to sleep under their baby blankets (about 1x1m) and those are getting much too small now. For my elder son I have an other idea in mind...

bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment