Thursday 19 March 2015

My new handbag

I just finished my new handbag and I am so excited about! Have a look:
It is allover quilted to give the stability to the otherwise thin (normal patchwork fabric weight) fabrics. The strap is quite long (1,40m) as I like to wear my handbags diagonally:
The bag closes by a zipper on top and there is a zipper pocket over the whole front. Inside there is one open pocket.
I used up one of my treasured fabrics, that has been in my drawers for at least 6 years. I think this is a good use for a favorite, as now it will be around me every day for quite a while. I am not one that is changing handbags often. My last one I used for 2 1/2 years now. I will show you farewell pictures of it in the next post.
The allover quilting is very discreet as I wanted the spirals in the light green fabric to be the attraction of the bag.
The size of the bag is 14x19x6 cm, so it is quite small. If I have a big bag I tend to fill it up and then it is too heavy on my shoulder and I get tension in my neck and then headache. To avoid all this I started having only the absolute necessary in my small handbag, like papers (of me, my kids and the car), mobile phone, purse and keys. This bag is a little bigger than my old one. Let's see how we will get along together ...

A bientôt,
Jane, qui est très content avec sa nouvelle sac a main!

I linked this post to a german link-party called: RUMS (around the woman on Thursdays), where you can link every Thursday something that you made only for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment