Thursday 16 April 2015

Beanie bonnet

You will say: "why is she sewing a bonnet when there is spring in every corner and the sun is getting stronger every day?". You are so right and I didn't need it this week, but last week there have been some very windy days and I am getting very easily headache when getting cool wind against my forehead. Still I didn't want to go out with my winter bonnet. So I made myself a very light one from jersey and I used this free pattern from Hamburger-LiebeThanks a lot for the pattern and explanations!
I just made the beanie a little bit longer to turn over the brim. I choose a big size so it is fitting loosely. 
I like the look, the fit and it is fulfilling its purpose to protect my head from headache. And I am not the only one who likes it: a friend I met at school when dropping of the kids has been so enthusiastic, I made her a grey one with pink stars for her vacation. I forgot to take a photo though.

Also I hope that the very sunny, warm spring weather we have since a week will hold on (me and the kids have been chilling in the garden every free minute), this beanie will be the first thing I put in my suitcase for our vacation next week at my parents place that is near the Baltic-sea and where it is probably much fresher than here in the south.

A bientôt,
Jane 

linked at RUMS (only things you made for yourself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment