Tuesday 10 January 2017

Dolls wardrobe

Before Christmas a friend asked me if I could sew some clothes for the new doll of her daughter, as she found the clothes you can buy for those dolls are horrendous expensive and often not very pretty.
Being a mom of boys, this has been a challenging project that "naturally" I would have never attacked. But it had been so much fun! I made 6 out-fits for the poor doll waiting in her underwear in a box. 

My first idea was to search the internet for some dolls clothes patterns. But can you believe it, even the internet is full of pattern, I couldn't find any for this special doll. The patterns I could find for dolls in that height and of that producer are either too large (baby doll) or too skinny (mannequins). This doll seems to be an intermediate. I don't want to make advertising, but the doll I dressed is a corolle vanille 36cm and I will share the patterns I made for her later down!

Of course it needed some tests and therefore the first out-fit isn't perfect. It is an elegant black trousers and a rose blouse. The blouse fit's well, but the trousers are quite large.

Next I made a pyjama. For the top it's the same pattern as for the blouse and made in jersey. It fit's just perfect. The trouser is a little narrower than the black trouser, but still a bit bulky, what's okay for a pyjama pant. 
I love that outfit. Want to have a pyjama like that as well. Looks cozy!

The next try for a fitting trouser is in the winter out-fit for pretty Vanilla (I called her that name, as she has been stinking of artificial vanilla, when I released her first from her box. It got better the longer she stayed in my sewing room)
Those pink corduroy trousers are perfect. The pullover is made of sweat and with the same pattern as the blouse and the pyjama. To go out when it's cold, she got a vest from cotton fur and a head band. I hope she got shoes for Christmas, as her toes are looking cold :-) 

All three patterns you can download below in english or french. I am happy if you try them and leave me a comment how you liked it, thanks! 
Vous pouvez télécharger les patrons en anglais ou français en bas. Merci pour me laisser un commentaire quand vous avez les testée pour je sais comment ça marche pour des autres!


patron pantalon (français)
pattern trousers (english)
This pattern has no seam allowance included, because otherwise it wouldn't fit to the page ;-) If you want to have the trousers larger, like for the pyjama pant, cut the paper pattern vertically in the middle and add a stripe of 2cm!

patron gilet (français)
pattern vest (english)

If you do the shirt in jersey or sweat (what I preferred) you don't need to add the seam allowances au collar or for the hems. As it don't fray out you don't need to bother fiddling around to sew tiny hems everywhere. I just went over the edges with the overlock machine, but you can also leave them blank.
All shirts and blouses (and dresses) are open on the backside and can be closed by very small velcro strips. 

Of cause this hasn't been all. I made one more out-fit with trouser. A jeans-all-day-out-fit! I forgot to add the seam allowance for the trousers, so the jeans are quite slim fit and hard to put on. The t-shirt is made again with the shirt pattern, but shorter sleeves. 

I also made two dresses. A ball gown I made of an old dress of the girl that got the doll for Christmas. (I don't have a stock of glittery fabrics!) I tell you that one had been the only nightmare of the projekt. The fabric slid in all directions and you better don't look inside for the seams! Also the sleeves aren't nice at all. I just hope that little girls don't mind the inside if the outside is glittering.

As I am not at all happy with the pattern, I won't give it to you. And also the next dress isn't jet perfect. It's a beach dress and I also made a little bag that contains a towel.
For once the bare feet are appropriate :-)

For me, sewing for this doll had been like vacation from my usual projects and I enjoyed it a lot!

I hope some might find the patterns useful! Have fun sewing!
J'espère que il y a quelques-unes qui trouve mes patrons utilisable! Amusez-vous bien!

A bientôt,
Jane

linked at: made4girls

16 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot! I'm not much of a seamstress but my daughter has a brand new (and naked!) Vanilla doll so I'm gonna try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for these nice patterns !!! I'll try to sew some pieces for my granddaughter... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much for those precious pattern ! Indeed, we don't find any of them on the web. I just made the trousers ( forgetting that seam allowance was not included... ) and it fits very well !! I will try another, including the seam allowance. I would very much like to have your going out dress pattern... It was a nightmare for you but the result is quite stunning ! It could be very useful for us. Thanks a lot ! Juliette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juliette!
      I am very happy my patterns are usefull for you!
      For the glitter-dress I took the T-Shirt pattern, cut it a little shorter and added the skirt. You need to leave it open on the back, for taking it on the doll. For hiding the closure I added the bow.
      For the beach dress I have to look if I still have anything in paper. It has been a year now and I didn't dressed any doll since :-)
      Happy sewing!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Je cherchais depuis un moment des patrons pour faire des vêtements à la poupée "Ma Corolle" de ma petite fille et je suis ravie d'être tombée sur les vôtres, surtout à la bonne taille, considérant que je n'ai pas vu la poupée. Après, à moi de laisser libre cours à ma fantaisie pour varier les tenues. Merci beaucoup. Janine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mille mercis! J'ai fait un petit pantalon - c'est parfait!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merci pour le partage de ces patrons

    ReplyDelete
  8. vraiment mille mercis pour ce partage de patron

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merci pour votre partage ! Je vais essayer ces patrons pour la poupée de ma petite fille !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Un grand merci pour le partage de ces patrons, je vais les essayer pour la poupée de ma petite Chloé.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Un grand merci pour le partage de ces patrons, je vais les essayer pour la poupée de ma petite Chloé.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merci beaucoup pour ces patrons !! Ma fille va recevoir une poupée Ma poupée Corolle pour son anniversaire ! Grâce à vous, nous allons pouvoir étoffer sa garde-robe :D Bientôt des photos de nos réalisations ! :)
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merci beaucoup pour ces patrons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merci beaucoup!!!! c'est génial! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for this nice job. I am a grandma and my son's daughter has got this doll next year, and i sew some clothes but they ware a bit too large.

    ReplyDelete