Thursday 4 January 2018

Last Christmas decoration photos of 2017

Before nobody wants to see any more Christmas stuff (this is for me every year quite early in January) I will show you three crafting projects I did in December. Also with the kids of my crafting clases.

This is a plastic ball that can be filled. With hot glue I fixed a wooden deer and a paper fir tree inside. My boys loved to make some confetti for me that is as snow also inside. A good advice: close the ball with a little glue, so the confetti can't get out again :-) On the upper half of the ball I painted from the outside with a golden pen stars or flakes. 

With the kids I did big lanterns from cardstock. Therefore we cut triangles in black cardstock and covered the openings from behind with transparent paper. Then the kids did decorating the trees with pens and punched out ornaments from colored transparent paper. This is my decoration example:
As it is always a hassle to get lanterns round, we just stapled two rectangle cardstocks together and put heavy wire inside to hold it open. The wire is fixed with scotch and cardstock from the inside. You can remove the wire to store the lantern flat. 

I also stitched stars with the kids. Mainly we made medallions that you can hang in the tree, but also some cards. Some children where quite advanced and they made also difficult stars like the one left on the photo.

So, this is the end of my Christmas season. My resolution for 2018 is to start preparing Christmas much earlier so I have time to enjoy it in December. We'll see if I manage ;-)

I wish you all the best for a happy and healthy new year and that you can do lots of things that you like!

Bonne année,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment