Wednesday 28 March 2018

Tags from shrinking foil

Since some weeks I am crafting little tags with shrinking foil. I found it by chance in our local supermarket that is normally not especially equipped with crafting material. I've never heard about "magic shrinking foil" so I bought one package to try. It works great!
You draw with water resistant pens or color pencils on the foil, cut it in shape and then you bake it for about 20 seconds in the oven. It first gets wavy with the heat, but when you see it flattens again, it is ready and about 60% smaller than before and much more fat. Lots of fun.
Here you can see the original size and the finished shrunken tag. The beginning circle is 5cm in diameter and the end product 2,2cm. Stupid me, I took a photo of a round circle with a tag, that I made from a circle with wavy borders. But the sizes are the same.

This are some of my creations. 
The flower one is my first try. I didn't made a hole in it before baking, so I have to find how to use it. Since I punch always holes, so they can be used as little tags.
Those I draw with a permanent black marker.
Not all are round, with the scraps of the foil I made little asymmetric tags. I love the middle one! Wouldn't it be a cute detail on a pouch?
With some of the silver and black colored tags I have a little problem. As you can see they seem to be dirty, but you can't get it off. I don't know how this happened, because I can't remember them being dirty before the baking.
Here I used one tag for a little "thank you"!
Black marker colored with pencils!
One of those I already used as a gift tag for a birthday present:
You remember the present? It's one of my scrappy baskets!
And a little landscape!

I like to make this little drawings. On my desk there are now always some foil pieces and when I have a minute to relax I draw some flowers (mainly flowers). I also made some with names on, for kids to mark their pencil cases! I think there are lots of possibilities to use those tags and I am happy I found out about shrinking foil!

A bientôt,
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment