Thursday 26 April 2018

Knitted cuffs - against cold arms in winter

I am back! Some major, unforeseen and unnecessary (from my point of view) medical problems stopped me from crafting and literally from doing anything. But finally I am feeling well again and having new energy to do things.

This project is a bit out of season, but I just finished the second half of it, so I show it anyway. 
I have quite long arms and the most pullovers, shirts and blouses you can buy in stores are too short for me. This is why I have lots of warm pullovers for the winter with short sleeves and I'm wearing long sleeve shirts under them. This winter I often felt cold on my hands and wrists, especially, when sitting on the computer. So I had the idea of knitting warm cuffs for my forearms.
For this photo I didn't wear a warm pullover, as right now we are having 25degrees! But I guess you get the idea!
I started only in February and I am not a passionate knitter, so it took until now to finish. With this project I learned to knit plaid pattern. Quite easy technic after I understand it. 
The first one I made with three identic plaids:
Making two time the same is boring, so I made a different layout for the second cuff.
Now I only have to wait for the next winter, to wear them :-) ! But not too soon! Right now I admire the sun and incredible great spring weather!

A bientôt,
Jane

linked at: RUMS (german blog-party for stuff you made only for yourself)

No comments:

Post a Comment